Re: Xiaosaurus, the marginocephalian?

Based on preliminary research, *Xiaosaurus dashanpensis* has at least two
relatively diagnostic marginocephalian features: a reduced, nearly absent
anterior (=lesser) trochanter, and a short, triangular and "un-hooked"
fourth trochanter. The general aspect of the femur leads one to suspect a
similar condition in *Psittacosaurus mongoliensis* and *P. sinensis*, as
in *Leptoceratops* and *Homalocephale*. This suggests it is a basal form,
if marginocephalian at all. I will leave the rest to a more in depth
research project.

  Cheers,

=====
Jaime A. Headden