Re: A Whole Bunch Of Questions

1) Sail or Muscle???

In _Suchomimus_, there seem to be some pretty tall neural spines on the vertebrae above its hips... is there evidence for either a sail or for a hump of muscles? It does seem interesting that most of us still prefer to see our spinosaurs & ouranosaurs with sails instead of humps... what evidence is there for these dinosaurs not to have humps? (I still prefer mine with sails thank you.)

Same with _Acrocanthosaurus_... would it have a low sail along its neck & back or just a huge bunch of muscles?

I was just discussing this very same topic with Jaime the other day...
As it turns out, neither are very big fans of the hump hypothesis. While Jack Bailey makes a decent argument for muscular humps in tall-spined dinosaurs, I'm not so sure he's all too convincing. Jaime pointed out that the neural spines, for example, bare no muscle scars, that the distal ends are not incrassate, etc.
I've also seen arguments that say _Spinosaurus_ could not have had a dorsal hump, otherwise the weight of the hump would have forced the animal down onto its front legs; the hands and wrists of which were not built for walking on.

The muscled humps are fascinating idea but not realistic as jordan just said.
Is there been any calculation how heavy would spinosaurus "hump" be?.

4) Hadrosaur necks
I've noticed a few hadrosaur restorations where thelong thin neck is buried under this thick neck just like that of a horse's. I've also seen this trend in a few of Greg Paul's artwork and in the silhouettes of his skeletal reconstructions. Personally, I think my hadrosaurs look better with thin necks, but hey, what do I know? But anyway, does the evidence point towards thin necks, thick ones, or somewhere in between. Does Leonardo the _Brachylophosaurus_ tell us anything?

From what I've heard, Leonardo supports the idea of neck somewhere in
between the swan-like and horse-like reconstructions we're used to seeing.

I have also been thinking this.
It seems to me that the horse like neck looks more natural those big headed hadrosaurinae dinosaurs but the swan like neck looks more natural in the lambeosaurinae members.
What i have seen in the pictures of leonardo, looks like it had a little horse like neck.