Re: Software

Veiwing stereo pairs is a treat when you have the right equipment.

Those who would need to view stereo pairs on a nominal basis could possibly get away with a "student steroscope" from any one of the geological supply companies. Ward's sells a plastic lens student stereoscope for $4.99 (#25 H 2951 from fthe 2003 Geology Catalog). A good pocket stereoscope from Ward's (25 H 2950) with glass lenses is $36.99.They can cost easily as much as $800.00 for a "real one" that comes with a carrying case - I take my real one in to the field with me for viewing stereo photos. I simply have never been able to hold them at arm's length and get the stereo view to pop up as some people can.

Cheers,
Marilyn W.

At 09:12 PM 4/17/2003 -0600, Richard W Travsky wrote:
On Thu, 17 Apr 2003, James R. Cunningham wrote:
> Just bring the two images up on screen side-by-side.  And then either
> over-cross your eyes or undercross them, depending upon which way you
> prefer to juxtapose the images.

I can do the visual fusion eyes only, but the pictures have to be a
certain size. If they get too big this doesn't work and you'll need one
of those binocular aids. Do they sell those separately? I have one
that came with a book of 3D Civil War pictures but it's a small one...

> JimC
>
> Hebert Bruno Campos wrote:
>
> > Does some exist software to visualize and to manipulate photos
> > stereopar? To visualize in 3-D...
> >
> > Please, if somebody knows report me this.

********************************* Marilyn D. Wegweiser, Ph.D. Assistant Professor of Geology Curator, Paleozoic & Mesozoic Collections Department of Biological and Environmental Sciences Georgia College & State University Milledgeville, GA 31061 Office: 478-445-2441 FAX: 478-445-5290

http://www.faculty.de.gcsu.edu/~mwegweis/
(works best in Internet Explorer)

Director: This Side Of Hell, WY Research Project; it's north of Pitchfork Wyoming, north of Hell's Half Acre, Wyoming, west of Hell, North Dakota, and south of Hellroaring Plateau, Montana. Could it get any better than this?