Re: New Jeholornis specimen

> > Zhonghe Zhou and Fucheng Zhang:
> > Jeholornis compared to Archaeopteryx, with a new understanding of the
> > earliest avian evolution

Wonderful. Wonderful... just right now, right today, while I'm coding that
animal for my analysis of K birds. Aaaah... and extra info on *Sapeornis*,
too. It's so great :-)

> They confirm the absence of premaxillary and maxillary teeth, but one
> has a couple dentary teeth.

While *Shenzhouraptor* is said to have premaxillary teeth, right?

> The scapula is squared off distally, not tapered as originally reported.
> The coracoid foramen is medially displaced as in enantiornithines and
> Apsaravis.

And can someone tell me if the articulation between scapula and coracoid
is as in Enantiornithes (peg on the coracoid in a socket in the scapula)
or in Euornithes (peg on the scapula in a socket in the coracoid)?
(*Rahonavis*, *Longipteryx* and *Eocathayornis* have the enantiornithine
condition.) While I am at it, can someone confirm the euornithine
condition in *Otogornis*, and tell me which one *Jibeinia* and
*Protopteryx* have?

> The hallux is reversed as preserved.

Hm... it's pretty long, but mt I is located as high up on mt II as in
Archie, and the claw of I points the same way as the others...

The tail is really interesting.