Re: On Terror Birds & Teratorns

Thanks a lot. However you mention that:

3) Did any terror birds survive until the Late Pleistocene?
I think Titanis was represented in the La Brea pits while other terror birds could be found in SA.

I thought Titanis was known only from Florida & Texas? And that even though Titanis survived e great faunal interchange & crossed the isthmus of Panama, it still died out 2 million years ago? (Though I recall somewhere that a 15,000 year old Titanis bone was found)

And by the way, which species survived longer, Teratornis incredibilis or T. merriami? And where & when did T. incredibilis live?

_________________________________________________________________ Download Norah Jones, Eminem and more! http://www.msn.com.sg/ringtones/