Olfactory Lobes & Large Yixian Theropods (was Re: New here, General Qs)

Bradley Fischer wrote:
2. How does T-Rex brain structure compare with Dromeosaurs and other small theropods?

I recall a post awhile back on the Dinosaur Mailing List that mentions an SVP abstract that discusses how avialans supposedly have reduced olfactory lobes. _Tyrannosaurus bataar_ is described as having large olfactory lobes (Maleev, 1965). _Giganotosaurus carolinii_ appears to have moderately sized olfactory lobes (Coria & Currie, 2002).

On a different topic: In a fairly recent issue of Scientific American, there is an article about the evolution of feathers and their beginnings on theropods. The article suggests that even T-rex probably was feathered. Only problem I have with this theory is that the subject sample is all from china and they found no large theropods with feathers. Anyone care to comment on this? Am I off on my thinking?

Sadly, there are not yet any large theropods recovered from the Yixian Formation. Come to think of it, off hand, I can't think of any large vertebrates from the Yixian. If there are, could someone please list them with length and mass estimates?

Nick Gardner
Paleoartist
AIM Eoraptor22

"People, not commerical organizations or chains of command, are what make great civilizations work. Every civilization depends upon the quality of the individuals it produces. If you over-organize humans, over-legalize them, suppress their urge to greatness -- they cannot work and their civilization collapses."
Frank Herbert, Children of Dune