'YIANXIANOSAURUS' [sic]

There is a typo in Xu & Wang's new paper on
_Yixianosaurus_ which means that a 'new' generic name has
been created. Both the captions to Fig. 1 (p. 197) and Fig. 2
(p. 198) use the name _Yianxianosaurus_ [sic]. Because
_Yixianosaurus_ is used on p. 196 this isn't a problem but I
wonder if it really is just a typo or the name the author's
originally intended to use.

Can't recall if anyone has pointed this out already.

With its hyper-elongate penultimate phalanges and strongly
curved unguals with large flexor tubercles, I would be
moderately confident that _Yixianosaurus_ would be a good
climber. The bowed radius and resulting large interosseous
space in the animal's right arm reminds me of the condition
in volant extant birds (where the radius is also strongly
convex along its cranial margin) but in the left arm things
look less bird-like. As the authors note (p. 199) the bowed
shaped of the right radius may be preservational.

--
Darren Naish
University of Portsmouth UK, PO1 3QL

email: darren.naish@port.ac.uk