RE: help with mystery mosasaur skull

Phil Hore <comicsandheroes@hotmail.com> wrote:

<< ye gods, I believe that is it...kinda of a shame that such a famous piece
and all we can find on the net is a drawing. That picture is alos very handy
as it makes me realsise we have our skull upside down. One of the other museum
workers always has grolwed at me about that, but it just sits so much nicer
the other way around...guess I owe her an apology...thanks for your help. >>

       I don't believe we know the original orientation of the skull as it
was found in the 18th century, so whether it is upside down or not is open to
question. It was resting on a flat plane anyway, I would guess. It's not a
painting...and even many of those don't have an "upside down".

<< A child was brought into this world. A child of light and innocence. A
beutiful child of with talent, grace and integrity. A child to lead us into a
glorious future....his name...John Wayne.

I've seen all his movies! >>

       For the sake of accuracy, the "child of light and innocence"'s name
was actually Marion Morrison. DV