Re: Hypsilophodon/ pachycephalosaur distribution

----- Original Message -----
From: "Adam S Smith" <sea_saur@yahoo.co.uk>
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2003 11:09 AM
Subject: Hypsilophodon/ pachycephalosaur distribution

> Just some quickies:
 Is the genus _Hypsilophodon_ known from outside of Europe?<

The closest that I can find is Hypsilophodon wielandi,from the Dakota
Formation,South Dakota U.S.A.However it's only known from a femur,so to
quote the DinoData site where I found this information,"H.weilandi probably
represents a new but presently indeterminate ornithopod genus."

> Also, with the exception of _Yaverlandia, are pachycephalosaurs known from
the Early Cretaceous? And if so where?<

Yaverlandia is the only example of Early Cretaceous pachycephalosaur I can
find.

John Bridgman
site where I found this information:
http://www.dinodata.net/