RE: Hypsilophodon/ pachycephalosaur distribution

Adam S. Smith <sea_saur@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

Also, with the exception of _Yaverlandia_, are
pachycephalosaurs known from the Early Cretaceous? And
if so where?

There is a lot of doubt over whether _Yaverlandia_ is actually a pachycephalosaur. (As to what it actually is... your guess is as good as mine. Any takers out there?) I have a reference somewhere that questions the pachycephalosaurian status of _Yaverlandia_ - I can probably dig it up tonight.

_Stenopelix waldensis_ is known from a partial postcranial skeleton from the Wealden of northwestern Germany. It is of Early Cretaceous (Berriasian) age, and appears to be some sort of marginocephalian, possibly a pachycephalosaur.

Cheers

Tim

Get holiday tips for festive fun. http://special.msn.com/network/happyholidays.armx