RE: Hypsilophodon/ pachycephalosaur distribution

 --- Tim Williams <twilliams_alpha@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Adam S. Smith <sea_saur@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>

> There is a lot of doubt over whether _Yaverlandia_
> is actually a
> pachycephalosaur.  (As to what it actually is...
> your guess is as good as
> mine.  Any takers out there?)  I have a reference
> somewhere that questions
> the pachycephalosaurian status of _Yaverlandia_ -  I
> can probably dig it up
> tonight.
>
> _Stenopelix waldensis_ is known from a partial
> postcranial skeleton from the
> Wealden of northwestern Germany.  It is of Early
> Cretaceous (Berriasian)
> age, and appears to be some sort of
> marginocephalian, possibly a
> pachycephalosaur.
>
> Cheers
>
> Tim

Thanks for the info. So, the earliest
Pachycephalosaurs are European. Are any Early
Cretaceous forms known from the New World? If not,
what is the earliest known New World pachcephalosaur?

On another issue, does the idea that these animals
lived predominantly in upland areas (explaining their
relative rarity) still stand?

Cheers, Adam

http://www.yahoo.co.uk/robbiewilliams