RE: Oldest Known Male Fossil: 425 MYA

Maybe the mineral content was too high?  They use CT scans for quite a few
specimens in palaeoanthropology, and didn't they copy a triceratops at he
Smithsonian using CT scanning and stereolithography?  This fossil is much
older so maybe the material was too dense.

CT scanning is now very accurate so I think the technology is up to scratch,
it just might not have been suitable.

Jodie

Jodie Houston
Research School of Social Sciences
Australian National University

Live fast, die young, leave a good looking fossil!