Re: The dinosaurs did not die in fire, from the latest Geology

Quoting "James R. Cunningham" <jrccea@bellsouth.net>:
> Graydon wrote:
> > It'd be a bear to get good experimental data on how fast the iridium
> > dust falls, too, but perhaps the other parts are cheap enough to throw
> > from airplanes? :)
>
> Good idea.  But wouldn't you need to throw most of the stuff from above
> the atmosphere, at sub-orbital velocity?
> also :-)

Ah, but it's much easier to write the grant proposal to get use of old ICBM for
dust-throwing purposes after you've got the throw-from-airplane data to
indicate that there is significant rate-of-fall sorting among the different
kinds of particles.

Although I'd *really* like to see the grant proposal to make authentic iridium
content test dust for purposes of raining down on some desolate but
well-monitored region which happens to be having a hurricane.