RE: Intraspecific Combat in Ceratopsians

I'm not totally convinced by the hypothesis outlined for the specimen. I've
seen the original, and there is a lot of really funky stuff going on in the
skull. Really, really funky stuff. That animal was not a happy camper, no
matter what happened to it.

Darren and I will discuss this specimen briefly in a forthcoming paper, and
compare what's going on in there with what we've seen in other specimens.

> Don't know of any other interspecific fighting reports, though I know Andy
> Farke might have something to say about INTRAspecific combat in
> ceratopsians...

Absolutely. WFTP (or get the preview in the SVP abstract). ;-)

Andy

Andrew A. Farke, Graduate Student
Department of Anatomical Sciences
Stony Brook University