For the Artists: Joseph Gleeson

If you have a copy of F.A.Lucas' book, _Animals of the Past_, which is a
century old now, you've seen the restorations of not only Chas.R.Knight, but
also
those by Joseph M. Gleeson. In fact, they collaborated on several drawings:
http://www.lindahall.org/pubserv/hos/dino/images/gle1h.jpg
http://www.copyrightexpired.com/earlyimage/prehistoriclifebeforekt/tylosaurus0
2.html
Gleeson also made the color plates for Kipling's _Just So Stories_. I've just
discovered that these are now available on-line (see url below). I find them
very beautiful, especially his kangaroo and his horseshoe crab plates. I wish
we knew more about him and his work. DV
http://www.angelfire.com/nb/classillus0/kipling/justso.html