Madagascar

Hello,

I was wondering if anybody could tell me the situation in Madagascar?  There
is obviously a lively export trade going on but I was told by someone that
there was a law that the material has to be 'improved' before it elaves
Madagascar to ensure that the economy can benefit.  However, I was also told
that they use very cheap labour, and the people who prepare the fossils get
paid practically nothing.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Jodie

Jodie Houston
Research School of Social Sciences
Australian National University

jodie.houston@anu.edu.au

Ph (02) 61253293

Live fast, die young, leave a good looking fossil!