RE: specifics on Smithsonian Symposium

> From: owner-dinosaur@usc.edu [mailto:owner-dinosaur@usc.edu]On Behalf Of
> Jenny Lando
>
> Dinosaurs in the New Millennium
> a symposium hosted by the Smithsonian Institution
>
> On December 13-14, 2003, the Smithsonian Institution will host a symposium
> entitled Dinosaurs in the New Millennium.  This will be the first
> symposium hosted by the museum focusing on dinosaur science.

I guess symposia WITHIN larger conferences don't count.  In the Sixth North
American Paleontological Convention, hosted by the Smithsonian, there were
two symposia on dinosaurs (organized by Jim Clark and by myself).

Incidentally, while all other things being equal I would be at the
conference, it turns out it is on a weekend on which I have other
obligations I can't get out of!  Blast!!

                Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
                Vertebrate Paleontologist
                College Park, MD  20742
http://www.geol.umd.edu/~jmerck/eltsite