Ref. for Aves = {Archaeopteryx + modern birds}

Hi People,

What is the reference for the widely accepted definiton of Aves as
Clade(Archaeopteryx + modern birds)?  I have seen this described as
"Aves sensu Chiappe", but with no particular paper specified.
Candidates seem to include Chiappe et al 1996. Phylogenetic position
of Mononykus from the Late Cretaceous of the Gobi Desert. Memoirs of
the Queensland Museum 39: 557-582.  Also Chiappe 1995. The first 85
million years of avian evolution. Nature 378: 349­355.

Thanks in advance.

)_v__/\  "Troodontids are almost certainly deinonychosaurs.  I was
         wrong about troodontids in 1994, but don't care" -- Thomas
         R. Holtz, Jr.