Re: Isisaurus colberti

Tommy Bradley wrote-

> Now I know this is going to be an utter shock to all of you ;) but I'd
like
> to know about the Nomen Clature or Etymology of this new Sauropod.  Am I
> right in assuming it is named after both the Egyptian Deity named Isis,
and
> Edward Colbert?

I think you're right about the species name (my ref's at home), but not the
genus.  From Wilson and Upchurch (2003)-
"ETYMOLOGY. Isi, honoring the Indian Statistical Institute (ISI), which
houses India's foremost collection of Mesozoic fossil vertebrates and whose
scholars discovered and described the holotype skeleton; saurus, Greek for
reptile."

Mickey Mortimer