re:MOST IMPORTANT DATES of fossil (and esp. dinosaur) discoveries (pleistocene-1842)

Tom Holtz (tholtz@geol.umd.edu) wrote:

<A bit more interesting, in my opinion, is the question of what animal is
the Egyptian god Set supposed to be?  All the other animal avatars of
Egyptian deities seemed to be based on well known species.>

  Probably one of the few well-known, if overlooked, desert mammal, the
aardvark, known for frequently burrowing into and out of the earth, and
primarily nocturnal, but with a face that is elongated, and knocking the
only othwer suggestion I've entertained, the donkey, off the top of the chart.

=====
Jaime A. Headden