Jumbo dinosaurs...

Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 16:57:24 -0500
From: Pluto77189@aol.com

The fact that anyone could give an estimation in mass(for
argintiniosaurus) with a degree of error greater in size than any
living animal EXCEPT for the sauropods, is in my book, enough
evidence that they had no buisness making such an estimation in the
first place.

Well, not really. How much does an elephant weight? Maybe 2-5 tonnes? Well, if we can't give an estimate that's more precise than varying by a factor of three, we have no business making such an estimate in the first place :-)

African Elephants can weigh as much as 13 tonnes. Big fellas, eh?

Peter M
Australasia