Characters with ordered and unordered states

I'm looking at characters in Xu et al.'s ceratopsian analysis from the paper on
Liaoceratops and I'm curious about if it's possible to have character states
within a character where some are ordered, but others aren't and how this is
done in PAUP. I know it has something to do with step matrices and I've read
the manual, but I'm really confused as on how to make 'em.

By the way, I went to the Smithsonian Dinosaur Symposium earlier today and
yesterday. I'll post on what it was like within the week after I've had a
chance to get my notes sorted out. It was really good and I hope there are more
events like this in the future.

---
Nick Gardner
aim s/n Eoraptor22

[ Grade-school kids don't have a problem with
  cladistics, adults have a problem with
  cladistics. -- Jack Horner 12.14.03 ]

Check out the new EudoraMail at
http://www.eudoramail.com