From: owner-dinosaur@usc.edu [mailto:owner-dinosaur@usc.edu] On Behalf Of Jane
P. Davidson
Sent: Monday, December 15, 2003 12:28 PM
To: Danvarner@aol.com
Cc: dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: RE: Dinosaur Planet

Dan and Aaron make good points about techniques for animation and
budgetary constraints being factors.  Paleontology illustration has always
been a work in progress and I think, uneven in its results.  That is not a
criticism as such, just an observation.  As you know, with single cell
animation it is possible to literally interpret drawing by drawing the
frames of an actual motion picture. A trifle hard to make movies of
dinosaurs, but when other things/animals/persons are filmed and then
redrawn into animation cells, the results can be wonderful. To say nothing
of expensive and time-consuming.
But pleeese  can't we ditch the obligatory cliche volcanoes going off all
over the place :)  Jane D

Noli me rogare; hic ego solum laboro

People think of me; therefore I am.
   Jane P. Davidson Ph.D.  University of Nevada Reno

   jdhexen@aol.com

   fax 775-784-6655
   http://members.aol.com/Jdhexen/index.html
   http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Delphi/1536