Megapnosaurus vs. Syntarsus

Apart from the fact that "Megapnosaurus vs. Syntarsus" would make a
great title for a Japanese Monster Movie, does anyone know what the
conclusion was to the Saga Of The Preoccupied Beetle?  (Come to think
of it, that would also make a good monster movie.)

Can I assume that, even though no-one likes Megapnosaurus, an although
it seems protocol may not have been followed in establishing the new
name, nevertheless it is valid and Syntarsus is discarded?  There was
talk of getting up an ICZN petition or somesuch, but I don't remember
how serious it was and it didn't seem to come to anything.

)_v__/\  "Let's not give him the cake" -- Monty Python's _Meaning
         of Life_.