Re: When Dinosaurs Roamed America and Dinosaur Planet vs.Walking with Dinosaurs and it's various special

look at the archives and note how people trashed the animation in that one.
Some of the same people make the same criticisms with every new show

Kenneth Carpenter, Ph.D.
Curator of Lower Vertebrate Paleontology &
Chief Preparator
Dept. of Earth Sciences
Denver Museum of Natural History
2001 Colorado Blvd.
Denver, CO 80205

Phone: (303)370-6392
Fax: (303)331-6492
email: KCarpenter@DMNS.org

For fun:
 http://dino.lm.com/artists/display.php?name=Kcarpenter

>>> <timlee3005@earthlink.net> 17/Dec/03 >>>
Hello,

Every time I see a review of the newest dinosaur documentary with computer
animated special effects,the reviewer always says that it isn't as good as
the original Walking with Dinosaurs series.While I did enjoy that show,I
didn't think it was better than say,When Dinosaurs Roamed America.They
seemed the same to me.Each show has something unique the other doesn't.BOTH
had their share of flaws,but then ALL dinosaur movies and television
specials have flaws somewhere.
The Jurassic Park movies have been credited as having the best dinosaurs
ever on screen.While this is true for some of their models,like the
Parasaurolophus,is ISN'T for others from those movies.For example,the
Ceratosaurus (a childhood favorite of mine,take THAT T.rex!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
that appeared in When Dinosaurs Roamed America was FAR superior to it's
Jurassic Park 3 counterpart.

John Bridgman