Re: A "new" theory on Oviraptor philoceratops (I think)

Tim Williams (twilliams_alpha@hotmail.com) wrote:

<Panda (bamboo).  Koala (eucalyptus leaves).  Anteaters (guess). ...>

  Not to contradict Tim here, but to my knowledge, both koala and panda
will integrate meat into their diet, if nothing more than random insects.
The anteater's diet, however, is a good example, as is the other members
of the Myrmecophagidae, and I had not considered them, so my bad. However,
in at least the tamandua it will incorporate non-insects into a diet, but
does eat varied insects; certainly, on point or off, perhaps, the methods
of catching a beetle versus a dragonfly would provide that a singular
insectivorous diet would enforce a singularity in one insect type, but if
both are eaten, then the idea is blown open to variable diet preferrences.

=====
Jaime A. Headden