Re: A "new" theory on Oviraptor philoceratops (I think)

<Why shouldn't this be brood parasitism?>

  No positive evidence. ... That would contradict the morphological
evidence, anyway, unless one wants to find a way that oviraptorids could
not eat anything _but_ eggs (or shelled food otherwise). Now, it might be
interesting to note that while only nests of apparently *Protoceratops*
(smoother) and oviraptorids (rougher, with embryos or crushed) are known,
no affirmative evidence known for what most likely did lay eggs, like
mononykines and dromaeosaurids, as all known nests appear to consist of a
single type of egg, and all show distinct arrangement patterns.

=====
Jaime A. Headden