RE: Dinosaur Planet, parts 3 & 4

"I would take strong exception to this, noting that the "evidence" for
parental care in the Dinosauria (even Jack's Maiasaura) is very weak and
based mostly on inferences and assumptions. What evidence there is indicates
that the smallest footprints in track sites are half- or more adult size.
There are NO baby tracks with adults."

Logically the comparative weight of infants to adults makes their tracks
less likely to be preserved. Also (and I'm only throwing this out), could
this not be a factor of how long was spent 'in the nest'?
But, yes, in terms of hard facts we should be careful not to start creating
scientific dogma.

David Craven
Bolton Museum

This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and may also be legally
privileged. They are intended solely for the intended addressee. If you are
not the addressee please e-mail it back to the sender and then immediately,
permanently delete it. Do not read, print, re-transmit, store or act in
reliance on it. This e-mail may be monitored by Bolton MBC in accordance
with current regulations.

This footnote also confirms that this e-mail message has been swept for the
presence of computer viruses currently known to the Council. However, the
recipient is responsible for virus-checking before opening this message and
any attachment.

Unless expressly stated to the contrary, any views expressed in this message
are those of the individual sender and may not necessarily reflect the views
of Bolton MBC.

http://www.bolton.gov.uk