Re: A "new" theory on Oviraptor philoceratops (I think)

Dann Pigdon (dannj@alphalink.com.au) wrote:

<Turtle-headed sea snakes only eat fish eggs. Hummingbirds only drink
nectar (albeit from various species of flower). I believe koalas only eat
eucalypt leaves (from a limited number of tree species). Do pandas eat
anything other than bamboo?>

  Though while I have observed both pandas (covered in a previous post)
and hummingbirds eat other things than their general inferred diets,
including insects for both (both in footage and the hummingbirds in person
taking on rather tasty insects), I have no knowledge of the sea snake and
am fairly certain the koala takes meat as well, but am willing to be
wrong. A nice compiling list would be cool at this point, because it would
go to disrupting my hypothesis of dietary singularity.

=====
Jaime A. Headden