Re: So how intelligent were troodontids?

> Recently I was looking at the dinosdaur EQ table. It's quite interesting
that a single group of (although morphologically different) animals can vary
in the relative brain size very rapidly. If sauropods have lowest EQ (about
0.2), it's understandable ok, since of their enormous size and relatively
small head. But what about prosauropods? In one of EQ tables I've seen they
are placed on the lowest end even lower than sauropods. That's strange.
Large theropods have EQ values at 0.9-1.5 (2), which is less than I have
expected. And as for troodontids (EQ up to 5.8), were they more or less
relatively intelligent than modern birds? I mean, intelligence of birds is
various. Ravens can even make tools, while e.g. hans (or Galliformes in
general) are much more "stupid". I know that dinosaur EQ values can be
compared only with those of a modern reptiles, not birds. Some sources
state, that troodontids were as clever as modern birds, some that they were
"not even as clever".

WHY WOULDN'T THEY BE µORE INTELLIGENT THAN µODERN BIRDS, µAYBE THEY'RE EVEN
OUTSµARTING US. (THE HUµAN RACE IS ALWAYS SO THICK-NECKED TO THINK THAT
THEY'RE THE BEST RACE THAT EVER LIVED)

Thoµas

PS SORRY FOR THE FONT µY KEYBOARD IS GOING BALLISTIC WHEN I HIT THE SµALL R,
E, D & µ AND THE CAPITAL µ