Re: A "new" theory on Oviraptor philoceratops (I think)

Surfacing from deep lurk mode.

Dann Pigdon wrote
"Hummingbirds only drink nectar (albeit from various
species of flower & Do pandas eat anything other than
bamboo?"

Hummingbirds rely greatly on insects and other small
arthropods such as spiders to supply protein in their
diets.  I'm not sure if any of my bird books say
exactly what the percentages are but I'll try and
remember to look it up.

I may be misremembering this as it's been a while
since I read the book and I don't have it,  but in
George Schaller's book "The Last Panda" he mentioned
that the pandas sometimes broke into the cabin and ate
food that they could find.  So even though bamboos are
their preferred food in the wild they can and do eat
other things as well.

Returning to deep lurk mode

Lora

http://www.yahoo.co.uk/robbiewilliams