Re: Sauroparenting

There's no proof for this, but it's conceivable that
sauropods, and some other dinosaurs for that matter,
could have produced a nutrtious substance in their
proventriculi or "crops" that might have been an
analog to mammalian milk, rich in protein and
vitamins, which they could have regurgitated for a
period of time to feed hatchlings or nestlings.
Columbiformes actually do this (breeders call it
"pigeon's milk")exactly for this purpose.
--Mark Hallett