Re: Sauroparental care

Again, I raise the point of how do you test your hypothesis? I can just as as
well say that little green men come to earth and took care of the babies. The
point is that this idea is not testable, nor, as you'll note, can you disprove
it as structured. A hypothesis needs to be framed in such a way that it can be
disproved. That is one reason why debates with Creationists are futile. They
tend to make statements that cannot be tested.
Ken

>>> <zone65@bigpond.com> 12/20/03 22:53 PM >>>
OK, the question of how Saurpods avoided trampling their young into
brontoburgers must be considered... one idea is that the eggs were laid
in rather deep/wide burrows dug in the ground. The hatchlings would
then live there until they were large enough to emerge, and clever
enough to avoid their elders' feet. Another possibility is the young
lived on mud-islands created by the adults in lakes.

Peter Markmann
Canberra