Re: Troodontid jugals

<<In all vertebrates, the descending (jugal) process of the postorbital
extends along the front of the ascending (postorbital) processes of the jugal
in a
overallping joint.>>

Sorry, I should have been clearer. I didnt mean the contact between
postorbital and jugal, but where the acendending process extends from the jugal
itself.
I was under the impression that the derived troodontid jugal looks something
like (in right lateral view, with the line sticking up being the postorbital
process):

and the derived dromaeosaurid something like:

with the latter located more rostrally.

Many thanks,

-Sean