Sauroparental care

> You could indeed look for traces of mounds (I doubt sauropods
> burrowed, they lack any of the morphological features of a burrower).

I'm sure they were capable of digging. See that spiked claw on their front feet?

> However, a mound would tell you nothing about parent care.

It'd be a start, wouldn't it? The very existence of a mound (or deep hole in
the ground) would indeed be an indicator of basic parental care, as any nest
is. Is it better not to look for anything in case it isn't there? Don't have
ideas in case they're wrong? Wait for evidence to fall into your lap without
first pondering possibilities??

>Just the structure of the nest.
> Ken

And maybe evidence of regurgitation. Hey, or maybe not - but it's worth
thinking about and looking into rather than dismissing as unprovable or
likening to Creationist claptrap.

Peter Markmann
Canberra

> Perhaps it can be tested, by looking for evidence of mounds or burrows
> in known sauropod-inhabited areas.
>
> In any
event, I used the words "idea" and "possibility" to suggest