RE: Sauroparental care

>I don't feel bad at all - sauropods were huge animals with presumably
>enough power to easily dig a hole if so desired. The bulldozers of the
>Jurassic, if you will (but you probably won't).

Not entirely convinced the mechanics of a sauropods limbs would make them
good diggers. There is generaly a degree of control and flexiblity in any
form of digging motion and an animal with limbs of that size may struggle.
In softer earth where they could do a drag-push it may be possible, but
their weight is going to add an automatic compaction factor surely?

This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and may also be legally
privileged. They are intended solely for the intended addressee. If you are
not the addressee please e-mail it back to the sender and then immediately,
permanently delete it. Do not read, print, re-transmit, store or act in
reliance on it. This e-mail may be monitored by Bolton MBC in accordance
with current regulations.

This footnote also confirms that this e-mail message has been swept for the
presence of computer viruses currently known to the Council. However, the
recipient is responsible for virus-checking before opening this message and
any attachment.

Unless expressly stated to the contrary, any views expressed in this message
are those of the individual sender and may not necessarily reflect the views
of Bolton MBC.

http://www.bolton.gov.uk