RE: New Evidence Supports Global Methane Release 600 mya

--clip---
>>Where did the methane come from? "It probably arose from deposits
>known as
>>methane hydrates," said Jiang. "Methane hydrates likely were
>widespread in
>>sediments deposited under very cold conditions and would have been
>>released as a gas at the end of this ice age, rapidly warming Earths
>>climate."

Perhaps I'm missing some part of this; but dosn't this create a
circular argument?  If Methane hydrates were deposited because of
very cold conditions, then presumably a warmer condition is necessary
to release them.  If the warmer condition is a result of Methane
hydrates in the atmosphere, how did they get released to form the
warmer climate?, Or is it that the release just accelerated the
process?

Bill Hinchman