Re: So how intelligent were troodontids?

> If you ask me, EQ has very little bearing on intelligence. A human with
> an entire hemisphere of their brain removed can potentially be just as
> intelligent as someone with literally twice as much brain mass.

Oh yes, I always forget those cases because they are so counterintuitive...
there's a girl in Germany who has only one brain hemisphere (the space for
the other is occupied by cerebrospinal liquor), and she's not only quite
normal, but even bilingual (Turkish/German). The PET or whatever tomograph
of her head looks astonishing: one half is totally empty.

> It's the complexity and adaptability of a brain that determines its
ability to
> generate intelligent behaviour, not its overall size.

Next question: How do we measure complexity?