Re: Sauroparental care

On Tue, Dec 23, 2003 at 01:41:54PM -0000, Craven, David scripsit:
> Could someone define R-Strategists and K-Strategist? Cos I for one have
> forgotten what it means!

"Behold the Kareful Kangaroo, which does not breed as Roaches do."

K -- high parental investment in a small number of offspring.

R -- large numbers of offspring, low or no parental care.

K exemplars -- humans, large mammals generally.

R exemplars -- trees, many insects.

--
oak@uniserve.com | Uton we hycgan    hwaer we ham agen,