sauroparental care

As usual by the time I get around to seeing my messages (very early in the
morning) my comments have been over taken. Any how I'll try one more shot at
this subject. I think that the sauropods have developed a unique strategy. At
first there is very little they could do to protect their offspring and get
enought to eat. (Now the hadrosaurs do start out with a K approach, but they
are smaller and closer to the size of their off spring.) So for better or worse
they need to start with a R strategy. The adults go where they have to for food
and the kids go where they have stuff to eat and places to hide.

Later after the kids have grown to a significant size they would be able to
join up with a similar or even the same group they started with. Now the
strategy shifts to a K strategy ala elephants and portect the kids as a troop.

If that holds true then there is a rather unique approach.

paul sparks