RE: Sauroparental care

Paul Sparks wrote:

>I think that HP Travky has gotten very close to the repro requirements.
>First the size of the child is limited by the egg size. Then the feeding
requirements are mutually
>exclusive. The very small child could hardly keep up with the adults.  The
adults must move along as
>they very quickly strip the local area of all food for them. This forces
the two (children and adult)
>apart until the children were big enougn to join the troop (a year
perhaps). Meanwhile the children
>scoot into the forest where there are hiding places and small food until
they grow up.
>paul sparks

Assuming the adults, if they did maintain any presence with the nest,
continued to eat normally. It's observed in the wild that several species
nearly starve themselves while feeding infants.

David Craven

This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and may also be legally
privileged. They are intended solely for the intended addressee. If you are
not the addressee please e-mail it back to the sender and then immediately,
permanently delete it. Do not read, print, re-transmit, store or act in
reliance on it. This e-mail may be monitored by Bolton MBC in accordance
with current regulations.

This footnote also confirms that this e-mail message has been swept for the
presence of computer viruses currently known to the Council. However, the
recipient is responsible for virus-checking before opening this message and
any attachment.

Unless expressly stated to the contrary, any views expressed in this message
are those of the individual sender and may not necessarily reflect the views
of Bolton MBC.

http://www.bolton.gov.uk