RE: Whose the "Tuck" in Heterodontosaurus tucki?

From: "Allan Edels" <edels@msn.Com>
Subject: RE: Whose the "Tuck" in Heterodontosaurus tucki?
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2003 02:20:00 -0500

Tommy:

The closest thing to an answer to your question is to be found back on
2/13/2002 in the DML.  The tail end of the message from Robert G. Tuck
Jr. reads:

        "It's my understanding that that most wonderful of all
dinosaurs,      _Heterodontosaurus tucki_, received its specific epithet
from a generous         patron (and my still long-lost wealthy "uncle")
who funded the recovery of,     and research on, this splendid example
of such a noble creature. :-)

        -= Tuck =-"

This may only be a starting point in your search.

Good luck,

Allan Edels

From the 1962 description by Crompton and Charig:

"Derivation of name. In recognition of the generous help afforded to the Expedition by Mr. G. C. Tuck, managing director of the Austin Motor Co. of South Africa (Proprietary) Ltd."

STOP MORE SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/bcomm&pgmarket=en-ca&RU=http%3a%2f%2fjoin.msn.com%2f%3fpage%3dmisc%2fspecialoffers%26pgmarket%3den-ca