Re: Refuting New Nostril Placement of Sauropods!

I did notice the slight hump at the top of the end of the snout on the
Diplodocus skull,but the best indicator of the nostrils being located at the
far end of a komodo dragon's snout is the deep indentations at the end of
the snout on it's skull.This feature is lacking in the Diplodocus skull.
This is the main reson I doubt the idea of sauropods having nostrils so far
down the end of their snouts.

John Bridgman