From: owner-dinosaur@usc.edu [mailto:owner-dinosaur@usc.edu] On Behalf
Of Vladimír Socha
Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2003 1:06 AM
To: dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: RE: DINOSAUR STATISTICS

> >Also, does anyone know, how would this table continue?
> >Countries according to first dinosaur description:
> >1.) UK (Megalosaurus) 1824
> >2.) Germany (Plateosaurus) 1837
> >3.) France (*Poekilopleuron*) 1838
> >4.) USA (*Laelaps*=Dryptosaurus) 1839
>
> *Laelaps* Cope wasn't named until 1866, ten years after the first
American
> dinosaurs.

Yeah, *Hadrosaurus foulkii* was described in 1858, IIRC. Still, I've
seen this date (1839) for *Laelaps* in various sources, but it wasn't
description (Cope was born in 1840) but just a  mention.
I've also made some further research on countries, and these are numbers
from 1999 (so there should be about 60 more genera distributed within
some countries to get current results):
1.) USA 113
2.) China 63 (?) +33 invalid
3.) Mongolia 55
4.) Canada 41
5.) UK 41
6.) Argentina 40
7.) France 20
8.) India 10
9.) Germany 10
10.) Portugal 10
11.) Australia 10
12.) RSA 10
13.) Spain 9
14.) Niger 8
15.) Uzbekistan 8
16.) Tanzania 8
17.) Morroco 6
                             Cheers, Vlad

15.)

60 hodin volání zdarma, to už by vás mohlo připravit o hlas. Pořiďte si
Oskarovy Štědré Hodiny a nezavřete o Vánocích pusu. www.oskar.cz
http://ad2.seznam.cz/redir.cgi?instance=64994%26url=http://www.oskarmobi
l.cz/services/whatsnew.php#od