Diminutive dinosaurs

Dear all,

As far as I know the smallest adult dinosaur remains
Compsognathus, with the baby Mussasaurus representing
the smallest dinosaur of any age (please correct me if
I'm wrong). My question is:

Is there any reason (biological/ecological or other)
why we should not expect there to have been tiny
dinosaurs, in which the adult size is far smaller than
the Compsognathus? Could dinosaurs exist in which the
adult would fit in the palm of your hand for example?
NB this is not a question about preservation
potential.
So, is it possible? The simple answer is probably "No,
because lizards and frogs etc. got there first" but I
am interested in the possibility.

Adam