Re: Diminutive dinosaurs

--- Adam S Smith <sea_saur@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> > Is there any reason (biological/ecological or other)
> > why we should not expect there to have been tiny
>
> a little addition: NON-AVIAN. oops!
>
> > dinosaurs, in which the adult size is far smaller
> > than the Compsognathus?

In my continuing efforts against overuse of the term "non-avian" (which is
generally only useful when discussing traditional notions of taxonomy), I would
like to suggest the question, "Are there any tiny NONVOLANT adult dinosaurs?"

_Microraptor_ is indeed pretty small, but it's debatable as to whether it's
volant or not. _Micropachycephalosaurus_ might come closest to fitting the
bill. If you wanted to extend to question to nonvokant dinosauromorphs, then
_Lagosuchus_ and _Marasuchus_ are pretty small, too. (And possibly the same
thing.)

=====
=====> T. Michael Keesey <http://dino.lm.com/contact>
=====> Instant Messenger <Ric Blayze>