Re: Diminutive dinosaurs

T. Michael Keesey wrote-

> In my continuing efforts against overuse of the term "non-avian" (which is
> generally only useful when discussing traditional notions of taxonomy), I
would
> like to suggest the question, "Are there any tiny NONVOLANT adult
dinosaurs?"

Parvicursor's adult holotype was ~390 mm and 162 g.  That's actually shorter
than Microraptor's holotype (~420 mm), which is incidentally the smallest
Microraptor/Cryptovolans specimen known.  I wouldn't doubt if it's lighter
than Microraptor too, given the nearly identical femoral length and much
smaller forelimbs.

Mickey Mortimer