*Gilmoreteius* Langer Replaces *Macrocephalosaurus* Gilmore: No More Macrocephalosauridae

Appologies for the cross-posting,

  Thanks to a relook at this subject by Mickey, who mentioned
preoccupation of the name "Macrocephalosauridae" for use of the group of
Gobi lizards, I found a referrence that appears to have been overlooked
for some 5 years, despite use of nomenclature by Gao & Norell and Kearney
and others.

  Langer, M.C. 1998. Gilmoreteiidae new family and *Gilmoreteius* new
genus
  (Squamata Scincomorpha): replacement names for Macrocephalosauridae
  Sulimski, 1975 and *Macrocephalosaurus* Gilmore, 1943. _Comunicacoes do
  Museu de Ciencias e Tecnologia_ 11: 13-18. (UBEA/PUCRS)

  I have checked, and the DML archives have never mentioned this, nor have
I seen this brought up on the Vrt_Paleo List in my recollection.

=====
Jaime A. Headden