From: "Mickey Mortimer" <Mickey_Mortimer111@msn.com>
To: <dinosaur@usc.edu>
Subject: Re: Crylophosaurus and Jurassic Antarctica
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 13:00:17 -0800

James Watson wrote-

> I am wondering about the Antarctic dinosaur named Crylophosaurus. All the
newer books about the early > Jurassic environment in Antarctica only have
Crylophosaurus, a few small mammals, and some pterosaurs
> but scientists think that Crylophosaurus grew to 6-7 metres (18-24 feet)
and could weight about 1300- 1600 > kg (2860-3520 pounds) so I am wondering
if any of you out there know if there were any Ornithepods or
> Prosauropods living with Crylophosaurus as a food source.

A prosauropod was found, but not named-

undescribed plateosaurid (Hammer and Hickerson 1994)
Sinemurian-Pliensbachian, Early Jurassic
Hanson Formation, Antarctica
Material- distal femur, astragalus, metatarsal I, metatarsal II, metatarsal
III, metatarsal IV

Mickey Mortimer

MSN 8 helps eliminate e-mail viruses. Get 2 months FREE*. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus&pgmarket=en-ca&RU=http%3a%2f%2fjoin.msn.com%2f%3fpage%3dmisc%2fspecialoffers%26pgmarket%3den-ca