Re: Screaming dromaeosaur biplane killers of the air

Jaime A. Headden wrote:

>   Then the original surmise was correct ... *Microraptor gui* may work
> very well as a glider.

Assuming appropriate articulations and load bearing structures, it could
work as a glider.  Without doing numbers, I'm not sure how well.  One
wouldn't want to just guess at it.

> But what is the forewing is not flapping?

Then, with the same assumptions for structures, and with the hindlimbs
flapping (assuming appropriate structures, it would work as a canard.

> Note, I
> do not consider the arm is incapable of any up and down movement, just
> contradicting the statement that it was better at this than was
> *Archaeopteryx*.

Without running the numbers, I don't see how one could draw a
conclusion.

> As well as that the same data indicates an alternate
> function of the arm, and does not, in fact, preclude a flapping, powered
> flyer (sensu Czerkas et al.).

Until one determines the articulations and attachments, I don't see how
any conclusions can be drawn, only speculations.